Installing LED lighting in kitchen now will 'reap the rewards' later ★★★★★
People deciding on what kind of lights to install in their new kitchen should consider LEDs, according to a lighting consultancy.
Victoria Lee, a lighting designer at Light IQ, has said that LEDs (or light-emitting diodes) offer brilliant value in the long term.
"The expense now will reap the rewards when they're looking at the electricity bill," the designer said. The ease of using LED lighting is also huge because the European Commission hope to phase out non-energy-efficient light bulbs by 2012.
"Some of the LED lights we have use less energy - it will give you some saving as well because of the fact that you're not going to be changing your light bulbs all the time," Ms Lee said.
"It's a chicken and egg situation; is it something the public is aware of, or does it have to be forced on them? Unfortunately it has to be forced on them."
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews its 2013 Kitchens (14/11/2012)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Additional Products (06/07/2012)
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews Its Latest Stunning Timber Veneer Walnut Kitchen Range (21/04/2011)
- KBBC Kitchens Reviews The Latest In Contemporary Kitchen Design (18/04/2011)