Glass popular for kitchens in 2011
Homeowners planning to fit new kitchens in 2011 may wish to consider glass as possible material for countertops and other finishes.
According to interior designer Jamie Drake, the use of glass is an emerging trend for the New Year.
"This ancient material is everywhere in the most modern of ways," he said in an article for silive.com.
"Glass is sleek and durable, stain-proof and comes in infinite varieties."
He said it is increasingly being used in the kitchen to add interest to cabinets and tables.
It is also being used for counters and backsplashes, as well as in partitions to separate different spaces in open-plan areas.
And it is not just clear glass that homeowners and interior designers are experimenting with. The material is popular in vivid reds, oranges and blues as well.
Mr Drake is not the only one to predict that glass will feature heavily in kitchens over the next year.
In an article for Builder magazine, interior design expert Jenny Sullivan said glass will soon be facing everything from appliances to cabinets and even countertops.
- The best kitchens 'combine practical innovations and good looks' (02/07/2011)
- Designer Kitchens: A Fusion Of Functionality, Good Taste And Style (23/03/2011)
- A Quintessential Modern Kitchen For Homeowners With Exquisite Taste (23/03/2011)
- Use 'natural materials' for an on-trend contemporary kitchen (28/02/2011)
- Kitchen design is becoming more focused around cooking (28/02/2011)